Sunday 15 August 2010

Bridal Shower!

One of my best friends is getting married in October. She has been swithering over whether or not to have a hen night for months now. I think maybe she doesn't like the attention but her mum eventually talked her into having one (which is about a month away) and a bridal shower (which is today). I have never been to a bridal shower before so as soon as she gave me the info I immediately googled bridal shower (yes, I am one of those who goes to google when I don't know something). Hen nights are more popular here in the UK than bridal showers but having both is actually a fantastic idea. It means that her gran and wee old aunts can help celebrate too.

My problem though was coming up with a gift in two weeks. She has been living in her flat for 8 years now and I had no clue as to what to get them. Then I remembered that a friend of mine makes baby scrapbook albums for baby showers (they are the cutest, most amazing things you have ever seen). I decided to make a wedding one for my friend. The point being all she has to do is add her photo's. Now my scrapbook skills are pretty mediocre at best. All these intricate pages you see I can't do. I am too symmetrical when I do layouts. I can't help it. I have tried not to be but it seems I need balance.

I decided with the wedding album simple was best. Her colours are cream, gold and black with a touch of red. Basically she is getting married in Vegas and has these colours in mind as a Vegas theme for her reception when she comes back. I decided to use that (I did try to get some (Vegas like motifs but they hardly screamed out wedding). I decided to split the album into three parts and colour coordinated them accordingly. Wedding - cream pages, Honeymoon - gold pages, Reception - black. I then used cream, gold and black ribbon to thread through the pages (something I am never doing again). The cream and gold bows are also something that can be found on ever page. I used the same gold pen she used for her invitations (luckily I was there when she picked it out so knew which one to get) to label each page.

It turned out better than I thought it would given my lack of scrapbook talents. I just hope both herself and her husband to be like it. I apologise for the poor photo's but I have also never been good at photographing scrapbook pages. Maybe it's a sign!








No comments:

Post a Comment