Saturday 4 September 2010

Crafty Critters Craft Fair.

Today was craft fair day. I am actually exhausted right now. It's amazing how sitting about can tire you out, lol. I took some of the photo's for the crafty critters page as a favour to the organiser. I was planning on bringing the camera along with me anyway and offered. Just as well since poor Lynne was run off her feet. Does mean that I can share a photo of some of us setting up.

After a week of rushing to get things done I had quite a leisurely morning. Not like me to be organised but it meant that I could turn the little design I made to use as my business card logo into a little table sign.
This was everything I had to offer. I have spent most of the week panicking that I wouldn't have enough despite sharing a table. Turns out I had nothing to worry about although there were plenty of people who's tables were bulging (and from them I got some ideas for getting the most out of table space for next time).

This last week I have been mainly working on space invaders cards. I have to be honest that this probably appeals to my inner geek more than anything else. I love space invaders. I have it for the DS as well as an app on my ipad. I did try out a white and purple one too but unfortunately the purple was too pale and you could barely see it against the white. The red and white is my favourite colour combination for this one.

My mum's favourite card is one that I finished off at the last minute. A reindeer card with Christmas bobbles hanging from his antlers. I designed and knitted the main design a while back. As I wanted some non Christmas cards too I decided to leave it for a fair nearer Christmas. However, having a wee bit more time than I thought I would I finished it off to see what people thought of it.

The fair itself was a little quiet. Nothing to do with advertising. It's just been a lovely week weather wise in Glasgow and today was proving to be the same. Most people would rather spend the few sunny days we have outside. I still managed to sell a few things though and I did have a lot of fun. I got to see a lot of friends and ex work colleagues. I also loved seeing the other vendors. There were lots of jewellery and cards. A friend of mine is an artist and she had a table selling her work. She does children's illustrations which are beautiful. They remind me of Oliver Jeffers. I love his work and I think I will definitely be buying something from her table next time. You can find her blog here http://idrewthestars.tumblr.com/. Another ex colleague works under the name Cushion & Cake which is exactly what it says on the tin. The most amazing looking cupcakes (I was strong and didn't eat any) and lovely stitched cushions. You can find her store here http://www.cushionandcake.co.uk/.

Despite how quiet it was we collected just over £200 pounds. I think that's quite good considering. There will be another soon and I have plans for a wider range. So watch this space.

As I said I was sharing a table. I shared with my friend Helen who is also a knitter but is also the most amazing scrapbooker. She is the one who gave me the idea for my friends Wedding album. She made these beautiful cards. She is hoping to soon start selling baby albums. They are honestly the loveliest albums you have ever seen. You wouldn't get anything like it from the store. I am hoping that next time she will bring along her sample album and so that she can get some bookings. The next one is nearer Christmas which will be the ideal time for people buying gifts.

Now that it is over I am actually feeling a little at a loss. I have many projects I should be working on but feel that I should be working on goodies for the craft fair. I guess that's just what happens after spending the last few weeks doing nothing else apart from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment