Sunday 12 September 2010

A little bit jealous.

I have been working on a few ideas for the next craft fair or just to sell on my folksy site. I have had the idea of making embroidered bookmarks for a while now but only just tried it out this week. This little girl did not come out the way I was hoping. I was hoping for cute and sweet. Instead I got creepy. She reminds me a little bit too much of the little girl from Doctor Who episodes Human Nature and Family of Blood. Maybe I just watch too much TV as Clare from I drew the stars has said she wants this one. I have plans for other designs though, less creepy ones.
I also got a couple of baby sock sets finished. I started the mint and white ones during the craft fair. Both sets are made from cotton.

This pair though is my favourite. I hadn't intended to put these colours together but after messing about with my yarn I decided to try it. I now wish I had enough of this yarn to knit a pair for myself. Sadly I think the burgundy is a discontinued shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment