Wednesday 7 March 2012

Socks....Just Because.


Months and months ago I promised a friend a pair of hand-knitted socks. Then another friend gave me some sock yarn that she didn't want and I knew straight away that the friend in need of socks would like it. I have to confess that they had been on the pins for months and I just finished them at the weekend. My excuse is that birthday gifts got in the way.

Anyways, because of the pattern of the yarn I used just the basic sock pattern. I felt that it would show off the fair isle effect better which it did. Plus I started them when I had little time and needed a project that required little thinking. Sadly I don't know what the yarn is as I got it without the band. I can tell you though that it is extremely soft. Perfect for feet. I love the colours too. The bright blues and greens really stood out against the darker shades. Made it lovely to watch it knit up. I'm almost sad that I finished them. My friend was delighted with them and didn't even give me a hard time for it taking so long.


Oh, and another photo just to prove that I do knit more than one sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment