Sunday 28 July 2013

Green and Blue!


About 6 months ago my sister moved into a lovely new flat. Most of her furnishings for her living room are in blue. Since her new living room is smaller thant the last one she felt that there was just too much blue. So she painted a chair, a pair of side tables and some vases green. The colours went surprisingly well together.


Before she decided on adding in green I had promised to make her the blue campervan which is twin to the orange one I stitched for myself last year. Even though I have now stitched two of these I haven't gotten bored of the pattern. I am even considering another one in other colours.


Once again we had a 'make it' Easter and I decided to crochet a cushion to match her knew colour scheme. I found a pattern for a crochet flower to stitch into the centre. Found it easier than I thought and was proud of myself for managing to follow the pattern.


Unfortunately I made a mistake with the sizing of one of the crochet panels. The only way to fix it would have been to take it back to the beginning. So I decided to make the most of it and turned it into a medium sized throw.


I used Sirdar Snuggly double knitting wool. It's meant for baby wool but I love the way that it crochet's up. It has a softer feel to it and I love the colours. I added the fan edging to set it off.

I have plans for a few more items to make for my sister to bring the colours together. Will be a while before I will manage to get round to it though. Until then her new blanket and cushions decorate the corner of her living room she uses to work on her paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment