Friday 18 October 2013

Crochet Along


A lovely lady from my knitting group is a co-administrator for a yarn love facebook page. Most of the members are crochet fans but there are a few knitters in there too. Well, she came up with the idea of doing a crochet along. I am a sucker for group projects like this and was intrigued. The idea is to crochet a mood lapghan or scarf. You crochet two rows each day and the colour you choose on each day should represent your mood. This starts on Monday and lasts for a month.

The point of it is really for everyone to do something together and see how everyone has interpreted the project. This is one of the aspects of these things that I love. It's also a way of stash busting. Which is perfect for most people. However, remember all those cotton cushions I made? Well that was my stash busting and I used it all. As I am a student and don't work my funds are limited and so I tend to only buy yarn when I need it. I have some leftover sock yarn but I am already stash busting that as I go and there wouldn't be enough for a lapghan. Therefore, I had no choice really but to buy some yarn if I wanted to join in.

I was strict with myself and decided to only to spend a certain amount. I found this beautiful cotton over at Black Sheep Wools and I couldn't resist. Plus it was on offer so I picked out an extra colour. AND they are offering free P&P until Sunday night. It was like it was meant to be. I have always wanted to to a bright colourful blanket with cotton. I realise it was meant to be a mood blanket though and tried to pick out a darker colour. Sadly, the darker colour has turned out to be my favourite of the bunch. I swear it was more grey than teal in the photo.

I promise to post regular updates on how I am getting on. Can't wait for this. Oh, and if you want to join the group it's called For The Love of Yarnigans and everyone on there is lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment