Thursday 1 May 2014

The Story of the Fraternal Socks.


The socks using the unwanted Easter yarn are now finished. I have been alternating between hating the colour stripes and loving it. I'm still not sure and every time I see them in a different light they change. I do think my sister will love them though and at the end of the day that's what's important. I confess that I do like the spiral pattern on them. I think they highlight the colours.


You will notice that they don't match. I tried and tried to get them to match. I had unwound just about the rest of the ball of yarn before I came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to happen. For a start this very dark orange only appears once in the whole ball. There are other minor differences too which basically make having matching socks impossible. Not something that has bothered me in the past. In fact I have often quite like fraternal socks. It seems though my need for order has journeyed into the sock world. I'm not sure I am happy with that. Maybe I need to stop matching my socks altogether.


Moving away from that and to the yarn itself. I have knitted with Zauberball by Schoppel before and have loved it. I enjoy the colour changes. This is the first time I have used crazy zauberball. You will notice that two colours are twined together though most of the ball. You would think this would cause the yarn to split but it doesn't. It means it's slightly sturdier than the rest of the zauberball range. It's less fluffy and lovely to knit with. I highly recommend it. Plus if you like more subtle colour changes that the tropical fish they do those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment