Wednesday 18 November 2015

My Winter Woollies 2015


I finished my hat! It's exactly the same pattern as the cream one I knitted not that long ago.  There are two main differences. First of all I used the second skein of yarn from the cowl kit that I bought from Lisa. Secondly I used a larger needle size so that it was more like a slouchy hat.


See! A lot bigger than the last one. It doesn't feel like it's going to pop off my head. My sister feels that it is missing a pom pom but I prefer my hats to be pom pom free. It's warm and cosy, perfect for this horrible weather we are getting.


The colourway of the yarn kind of drowns out the cable pattern but I don't care. I think that it's still pretty and I love the colours. Took no time at all to knit up and was fairly easy to follow. You can see more about this pattern with the first hat I knitted.  You'll also be able to see the cable pattern better.


That's me pretty much sorted for the winter. I have a pretty and cosy cowl and a matching hat. Thank you for the yarn Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment