Friday 22 January 2016

Pins I Love - Getting Organised

https://scatteredfashionista.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/a-walk-through-my-erin-condren-life-planner-how-this-planner-keeps-my-business-and-life-in-order/

 I thought it would be apt to have this pins I love post following on from Wednesdays.

Believe it or not people love to share their organiser and planners. A lot of creative types use it as just another creative outlet. I love seeing them on pinterest and have a board dedicated to filofaxes (although I pin anything planner related in there).  Scattered Fashionista shared her Erin Condren planner. It would seem that Erin Condren is a US stationary designer famous for her planners. Why I am sharing this one though is that I think it highlights how you can use washi tape and post-its to be both useful and decorative (I love washi tape and post-its). I haven't linked this blog to my list because it's more of a lifestyle blog than a craft blog. However, you can link on the above image and it will take you to it.

http://ohshoot.typepad.com/oh-shoot/2013/09/filofax-love.html

This one is one of my favourites. Viv's of Oh Shoot writes in detail how she uses her filo fax. She has lots of useful ideas in there based on what works for her. The images here are so pretty! While I like her post and I love the look of her filofax it's a little too big for me. I would want to carry this about everywhere and I already carry far to much in my bags. Sadly this blogger has disappeared from both her blog and twitter so no link.


https://organizedoperagirl.wordpress.com/2013/10/19/books-books-and-more-books/

As we all know I am a book fiend. I LOVE this idea although it involves a lot of work.  Incarnations of Organization is a blog about planning. Sadly it hasn't updated in a year but the author was very creative with her filofax. A fellow lover of washi tape. However, it was the above image that caught my attention. She uses her planner to keep a list of books that she wants to read and books for her book club. She came up with the idea of putting images of the book cover in there. These are little stickers which she has printed out and can be moved from 'to read' to 'read'. I love this but like I said it's a lot of work. A lot of time spent in front of the computer manipulating images. I would lose patience with it very quickly.

http://grossstadtprinzessin.de/?p=2812

Bullet journals have become increasingly popular. I've noticed that just by my feed on pinterest. This is just a form of list making. It originated by Ryder Carrol. It's supposed to be that by using bullet points in a more creative manner you will become more organised.  It's fairly easy to follow and saves on lots of post-its all over the place. As much as I love a list and often use checklists. I just put them on post-its and stick them in my planner. Not sure I would want to dedicate a diary or journal to it. Might be interesting to see if it works though.

http://www.lucy-wonderland.com/2014/05/tutorial-multipocket-per-filofax.html?m=1

This last one isn't in English I'm afraid. It's a tutorial by Lucy Wonderland. It shows you how to make pockets for your organiser/filofax. Normally I wouldn't link a blog which isn't in English, or doesn't have some form of translate. The images in this tutorial though are kind of self-explanatory. I also thought it would be nice to have something that you can actually craft in the hopes that it would make it a little more interesting (for those of you who aren't stationary geeks like me).

No comments:

Post a Comment